Re: [LAU] alsa-jack plugin... some patches.

From: torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 29 2010 - 15:34:49 EEST

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 05:08:03AM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 10/29/10 05:00, Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> ..but I could not get your .asoundrc working. It fails with
> >>
> >> [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:1293:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open
> >> '/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p' failed (-16): Device or resource busy
> >
> > you're not opening the JACK device, clearly - this message references
> > /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
>
> I hazard a guess that it's just mplayer with a misleading error message.

like paul said. you didnt change the default device.

use:
mplayer -ao alsa:device=jack
or
mplayer -ao alsa:device=jack=mplayer

> I prefixed torben's config with
>
> pcm.!default {
> type plug
> slave { pcm "jack" }
> }
>
> and once I remove the
> type plug
> slave { pcm {
> from Torben's config and directly use "type jack" without any 'slaves'
> it works just fine.

this wraps a plug device in another plug device.
i actually dont know how smart this is ;)

i have
pcm.!default jack:alsa-default

it will only work fine for the default. the jack plug it self, is not
very flexible, and many clients would complain that they dont do float
and fixed SR...

--
torben Hohn