[LAU] Polyphonic pitch detection

From: Jonathan Gazeley <jonathan.gazeley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 30 2010 - 14:25:18 EEST

Hi all,

I'm looking for a tool that can analyse an MP3 file, and write out a
polyphonic MIDI file - basically so I can have the sheet music. Can
anyone name one?

Although this is a Linux list, I don't care what platform the tool runs
on, since I will only use it once and then go away happy with my MIDI
file :)

So far I only found a demo Windows program called intelliScore
Polyphonic Demo. It's limited to the first 15 seconds but unfortunately
it made such a terrible job that I don't feel inclined to purchase the
full version.

The MP3 in question is "Vevey (Revisited)" by Yes, from their 1977 album
"Going for the One". It's a simply constructed piece of music but the
organ chords are really confusing me. I've tried to go through it and
notate it manually, but I seem to be incapable of picking the notes out
of the chords. Rick Wakeman is clearly a genius :)

http://static.jonathangazeley.com/Yes-VeveyRevisited.mp3

So, if anyone can recommend some software that can help me here, I'd be
very grateful. Alternatively, if anyone is willing to write it out for
me (MIDI, PDF, or any other decent format) then I'll make it worth their
while!

Cheers,
Jonathan