Re: [LAU] vmx1000usb mixer linux usb support

From: Raffaele Recalcati <lamiaposta71@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 31 2010 - 16:08:29 EET

Hi Paul and Niels,
sorry for the delay in the answer.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> It's too bad there's no linux support for
>> http://www.mackie.com/products/onyx820i/ because that series (
>> http://www.mackie.com/products/onyx1640i/ ) appears to be a proper
>> integration of a high-quality mixer with a firewire interface.
>
> its likely that you know this, but the feature set on a DJ mixer and
> regular mixer are pretty different.

I need regular ones.

> regarding the onyxi series, Mr. FFADO (Pieter Palmers) wrote:
>
> "It's based upon an oxford chipset, so not really the same. I have
> reports that it sort-of works with FFADO. Mackie explicitly asked that
> the Linux users would make some noise. So you know what you'll have to
> do."
>
> (from the FFADO device support section).

I believe in opensource because I'm curious and I don't like secrets.
Following an idea from another alsa developer that answered me before
you I'll keep analog mixer and soundcard separated.
I need also usb as external soundcard (I'm sorry Niels...).
So I'll get notepad 124fx
http://www.soundcraft.com/products/product.aspx?pid=172) and usb
soundcard from http://www.esi-audio.com/products/maya44usb/ .
The music is my hobby and so I'll go on this way.
I have seen that soundcraft writes really nice user guides and I think
it is an opportunity to improve my knowledge in this field.
To add a sound path from PS3 to active speaker I'll get something
similar to this one: http://www.ambery.com/2hddodtsdihd.html .

Here you are a "fantastic PA and Home theatre system", where the
stereo PA functionality is preferred in respect of HT usage.
http://www.opensurf.it/PA_HT.odp
http://www.opensurf.it/PA_HT.pdf

Any consideration?
For the first step I'll have 2X8030A Genelec, Notepad 124fx, Linux PC,
TV Bravia, CD player, Headphones.
Maybe, to do also multichannel 5+1 from, should be better another
soundcard than Maya44usb (I have now an awful 7+1 Creative X-fi that
is not flat at all).
Then I'll add the sub, then ...
If anybody wants to modify the odp file is welcomed.

regards,
Raffaele
www.opensurf.it