Re: [LAU] vmx1000usb mixer linux usb support

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2010 - 03:47:17 EEST

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> It's too bad there's no linux support for
> http://www.mackie.com/products/onyx820i/ because that series (
> http://www.mackie.com/products/onyx1640i/ ) appears to be a proper
> integration of a high-quality mixer with a firewire interface.

its likely that you know this, but the feature set on a DJ mixer and
regular mixer are pretty different.

regarding the onyxi series, Mr. FFADO (Pieter Palmers) wrote:

"It's based upon an oxford chipset, so not really the same. I have
reports that it sort-of works with FFADO. Mackie explicitly asked that
the Linux users would make some noise. So you know what you'll have to
do."

(from the FFADO device support section).

--p