Re: [LAU] Music made with linux: Abundance - Ambient-Psy-Trance

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2010 - 16:27:19 EET

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 09:47:15AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > No more normalising for me.
>
> That's good, because I can't possibly imagine what you lead you think
> that this would make sense for a polyphonic/multitrack. Normalize is
> very useful for (say) creating sample loops/libraries so that
> everything is at a standard level. But you would *never* *ever* use it
> to export a mix.

Which seems to confirm that the normalisation is not applied to
the mixed signal (which would require two passes or a lot of
storage), but probably on individual regions or tracks. The
option just should not be available on a dialog that leads
to exporting anything else but individual tracks or parts of
them.

Ciao,

--
FA