Re: [LAU] Music made with linux: Or how an infinite number of monkeys came up with this.

From: Andrew C <countfuzzball@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 02 2010 - 02:07:56 EET

Greetings Julien!

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I will agree with you, Adventa was
written way more 'in a single session' sort of way on my keyboard, in
comparision to Infinite, which was just stitched together almost.

With Adventa, I sort of wanted to experiment with changing keys by
doing 'passing chords' (I think that's what they're called) to get
from the key of C minor to the key of A minor and back.My piano
teacher, whom I'm currently doing jazz piano with, was a great help in
explaining the general method of doing it.

Any suggestions on how to improve the sound of the brass? Should I eq
it a little bit?

As for the style of it, I will admit that I do tend to go for a dark
film-esque kinda style, i.e minor keys everywhere and such, as well as
perhaps being influenced quite a bit by the keyboard orchestra
interludes that metal bands such as Cradle of Filth and to a lesser
extent (but still good music) Dimmu Borgir and Dethklok would do.

One final thing before I finish, I'm also quite fond of messing about
with chords/melodies to see what works, as opposed to just sitting
down with a music theory book and reading my way through it. It can be
so much fun attempting to apply what you read/have been told play
around with it to see what works and what doesn't

Thanks for reading this wall of text!

Andrew.