Re: [LAU] building a bash script for jack midi connect-disconnect with toggle keybindings

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 18:15:17 EET

Hello Dieter!
   No, the script won't listen to keystrokes, if it isn't active on the real
screen. Screen is just a way to start more than one program on a terminal.
Simply a matter of "Where shall I put these five apps then? There's only one
TTY left." :-)
   And as I understand, Alex wants to seperate from the GUI as much as
possible. I suppose xbindkey needs X to run and only works on the Xserver. If
i'm mistaken, shame upon me. :-)
   Kindly yours
           Julien

--------