Re: [LAU] building a bash script for jack midi connect-disconnect with toggle keybindings

From: Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 11:13:37 EET

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:04:18 +0100 (CET)
Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:

> Alex!
> The focus? If you mean, that jackctl.py must be running to accept
> commands: Yes. So it will block a terminal, unless you use screen
> (Joel mentioned it before).
> Kind regards
> Julien

so you could open screen, run your app, deattach screen, and it would
still listen to your keyboard shortcuts?

in that case, if you want to restrict yourself to bash, I would suggest
letting your WM or something like xbindkeys take care of the keyboard
shortcuts, and just call your script with different arguments in the
background, when you use different keyboard shortcuts.

Dieter