Re: [LAU] [ANN] seq24 0.9.1 released

From: torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 12:57:29 EET

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 12:49:46PM +1100, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 22:05 +0100, Guido Scholz wrote:
> > Dear seq24 users,
> > a new seq24 release is out, second time published by the Seq24team,
> > assisted (or driven?) by a group of engaged contributors.
> >
> > https://edge.launchpad.net/seq24/
> >
> > This release fixes several bugs and provides some new features which
> > are already prominent due to excellent tutorial videos (thanks to
> > Leigh Dyer). All users should upgrade to 0.9.1.
>
> Awesome! I've just tested this quickly on both my laptop and desktop,
> and on both it compiles cleanly and runs well. I've updated the blog
> post for my first tutorial video to link to this new release, too.

i dont see the transport synchronisation working with a jack1 svn version.
you are still using only a sync callback.

and you are relying on the transport to go through the
JackTransportStarting state.

this issue should be fixed.
iirc we came to the conclusion, that seq24 is broken, and we will not
revert the changes in jack, which break it.

the quick and dirty fix on your side, would be to register an empty
process_callback.

but the issue still remains. seq24 is NOT a slow sync client. but it
registers a sync_callback.
and it even takes a lock in the sync callback.

the patch for jack-session support didnt get merged either.