Re: [LAU] [ANN] seq24 0.9.1 released

From: Guido Scholz <guido.scholz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 23:20:37 EET

Am Tue, 09. Nov 2010 um 11:57:29 +0100 schrieb torbenh:

Torben,

> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 12:49:46PM +1100, Leigh Dyer wrote:

> > Awesome!

[...]

> i dont see the transport synchronisation working with a jack1 svn version.
> you are still using only a sync callback.

your posting is confusing. Most probably Leigh is not acountable for
your complains and I am not sure they are addressed to me, but I will
give a comment anyway.

First _I_ will surely not use "sync callback", in best case seq24 will.

> and you are relying on the transport to go through the
> JackTransportStarting state.

Second _I_ do not rely on transport via software.

> this issue should be fixed.
> iirc we came to the conclusion, that seq24 is broken, and we will not
> revert the changes in jack, which break it.

Pardon, who is "we"? I can not recall such kind of agreement and I
certainly do not know anything about changes going on in jack svn.

[...]

> the patch for jack-session support didnt get merged either.

I was not aware of this patch, searching the devel mailing list history
today I found your patch dating from March when I was busy doing other
things. I recommend to verify a little bit earlyer wheather your
contributions get in or not and to attrack attention about important
changes.

Guido

PS: Please do _not_ CC me for "list replys", this is annoying

--
http://www.bayernline.de/~gscholz/
http://www.lug-burghausen.org/