Re: [LAU] edirol fa101 on differant rate that 48k ?

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Thu Nov 18 2010 - 02:55:16 EET

Eric Steinberg wrote:

> I have never noticed any artifacts with downconverting of samplerate, except
> on lower-quality Windows conversion software and early versions of Steinberg
> Wavelab (no relation!). Upconversion is another story....is there a quick
> and easy way to measure if conversion artifacts are present in an audio
> file?

The only quick and easy way I know of is with tools that are part
of sndfile-tools:

   http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/tools/

Two programs in this tools package (sndfile-generate-chirp and
sndfile-spectrogram) were written to create spectrograms similar
to the ones here:

   http://src.infinitewave.ca/

HTH,
Erik