Re: [LAU] Sample manager?

From: <andersvi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 29 2010 - 11:37:42 EET

> ardour does more or less everything you've just mentioned (though not
> "tags" in the sense of id3 tags, more arbitrary tags than that).

The SFDB is great for "one-sample-per-file" sounds (like variations on
cod-rumbles ive split into separate files). A convenient alternative to
filenames and directory-structures.

But afaict theres no way to store tags pointing to regions in a file (or
for that matter loading them as regions in ardour), which would be very
useful. I havent looked much into ardours sfdb, perhaps ive overlooked
something. Is there a trick to combine tags from sfdb, mark-info from
sessions, region-list info and metadata (rw) in sf-headers?

> this area of operation will get some love next year.

Great, i guess its time to chime in then. I cant find much
loud-thinking on ardour-devel, perhaps on the mantis-issues or on
#ardour? Any pointers to more info?

-anders