Re: [LAU] No joy with AVlinux

From: Daniel James <daniel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 18:26:45 EET

Hi Rosea,

>> As for Debian vs. Ubuntu, using Ubuntu as a base for the 64 Studio 3.x
>> series releases forced a number of compromises which I was never
>> entirely happy with.
>>
> And those are?

The main issues were the regular breakage of packages which were
important to us, especially in universe, and the integration of
PulseAudio. Ubuntu moves forward boldly, but not always in the direction
we wanted to go :-)

We still package for Ubuntu, and produce bespoke versions for our
customers. We just felt that squeeze would be a better choice for our
next audio workstation distro.

Cheers!

Daniel