Re: [LAU] No joy with AVlinux

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 23:40:36 EET

On 12/02/2010 05:26 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Rosea,
>

>>> As for Debian vs. Ubuntu, using Ubuntu as a base for the 64 Studio 3.x
>>> series releases forced a number of compromises which I was never
>>> entirely happy with.
>>>

>> And those are?
>>
> The main issues were the regular breakage of packages which were
> important to us, especially in universe, and the integration of
> PulseAudio. Ubuntu moves forward boldly, but not always in the direction
> we wanted to go :-)
>
> We still package for Ubuntu, and produce bespoke versions for our
> customers. We just felt that squeeze would be a better choice for our
> next audio workstation distro.

Hey Daniel,

In the Debian Multimedia Team there is the idea or maybe even the plan
to make some sort of multimedia backports repo (from experimental /
unstable / testing) for Squeeze, maybe this could be a collaborate
effort with the 64studio team? Less work, more packages, more quality :)

\r

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia