Re: [LAU] First KXlinux headaches.

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 05 2010 - 17:45:17 EET

Excerpts from Ray Rashif's message of 2010-12-05 16:01:08 +0100:
> On 5 December 2010 20:14, Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@lavabit.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, it's easy to contribute to archaudio one way or another, and if
> > someone thinks it's worthwhile to create a ready-made CD there's no-one
> > stopping him. Arch means DIY.
>
> And now it's even easier since we've pushed some helper scripts as
> 'archaudio-devtools'. Documentation will follow soon either on the
> site or the wiki page. If the admin can find some time to include an
> Arch chroot on the server (CentOS) to do daily builds, then we'd even
> have automated, updated packages of bleeding-edge software! Anyone can
> also do this locally with a cron job.
>
> Other than that, the more popular packages should get to [community] at least.
>
> The main reasons are (1) lack of manpower, and the only manpower
> suffers from a (2) lack of time :p
>
> Anyway, here is one effort by 'seanbutnotheard':
>
> http://obsoleteaudio.org/projects/synthbox

Thanks schiv, this shows how much I'm out of the loop :)
The automatic building sounds nice and so does seanbutnotheards project.
I'm glad in future man-power won't be needed for tasks such as building
packages.
As for my part in the game, I'm happy if I manage to keep my AUR
packages up to date and standard.