Re: [LAU] Rhodes for LinuxSampler?

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2010 - 11:13:43 EET

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 20:47 -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> hey everybody!
>
> I'm very happy to report that I have linuxsampler running on my laptop
> now, and I can't wait to try it out. as was mentioned in leigh's post
> about drums, I've downloaded analogue drums and the salamander grand
> piano, but I really would like a rhodes patch. can anyone point me to
> a good rhodes that would work well in linuxsampler?
>
> (I'm familiar with the learjeff rhodes out there on the 'net; I wonder
> if it would load up ok? can't hurt to try...)

In theory, LinuxSampler CVS should load the jRhodes3 soundfont, but I
had trouble doing so here -- LinuxSampler crashed when I tried. It might
just be a problem with the build of LinuxSampler I have here, but I get
the impression that the SF2 backend for LinuxSampler isn't as mature as
the GIG and SFZ backends.

However, this tool (it's a free-as-in-beer, closed-source, Windows app,
but it worked just fine under Wine for me) can convert SF2 to SFZ:

http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html

I gave it a shot on the jRhodes3 SF2 file, and the resulting SFZ works
well in my LinuxSampler CVS build. If anyone wants a copy of this, email
me off-list and I'll send you a link. If there's enough interest, I'll
email the author and see if he's happy for me to release it publicly.

Thanks
Leigh