Re: [LAU] Rhodes for LinuxSampler?

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2010 - 13:52:32 EET

On 12/06/2010 12:17 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Jeremy!
> There shouldn't be issues up/downsampling. At least I never
> exprerienced them with fluidsynth.

Hello Julien,

Ok, so it's either the soundfont, my ears or my own instruments. I've
tried the Learjeff Rhodes soundfont with a couple of my recordings of me
and my acoustic guitar and of my band but I couldn't fit in the Rhodes,
it just wrung with the other instruments. I've also tried it with some
other samples and it doesn't really feel harmonious either:

http://linux.autostatic.com/temp/theinfiniterepeat-sleepylittlelou-mixdown.ogg

 You can try swami to edit the
> soundfont. It should be satisfactory to change tuning. They did a lot of
> work on fluidsynth recently, I'm not sure how much effort they put into
> swami, which is somehow loosely related to it.
> Kind regards
> Julien

Thanks for the tip but I have no experience with Swami and my bet is
that editing a whole 75Mb soundfont could be quite tedious.

Best,

Jeremy