Re: [LAU] usb audio interface question

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2010 - 20:27:56 EET

måndag 06 december 2010 18.37.02 skrev Atte André Jensen:
> Hi
>
> A friend of mine is looking for an usb audio interface. It must work
> without hassle under linux, and have an (at least decent) 48V input, and
> at least one other microphone input (48V on this input would be nice,
> but not necessary). 2 channel output would be enough. If the price
> permits, more inputs (mainly for michrophone) would be great, but the
> price is important.
>
> What should I recommend him? My first idea was an edirol, but looking
> over two large web-shops, I didn't see a single edirol usb-interface!

An old used M-Audio Mobilepre USB MIGHT seem to have the right price and
Performance ratio your friend asks for. It have 2 in (line and/or XLR) and 2
out adn more. The XLRs have 48V phantom power and the box have it's power from
the USB cable

I have one self that I use with an old LapTop and it works very well (at least
last time I tested it) without xruns.

More info: http://acorn-
designs.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products_id=388

Jostein