Re: [LAU] download from 123video.nl on the commandline

From: alexander <axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 08 2010 - 01:34:08 EET

On 12/08/2010 12:08 AM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> Does anyone have an idea how to download from 123video.nl? I tried
> youtube-dl already, I think it won't work. If anyone knows a hack or
> just how to construct the video URL from the source code, I'd be
> happy. I've seen they do it with an swf-built-in player, whixch is
> ugly! :-)
> Kind regards and ta
> Julien
>
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======
> http://www.juliencoder.de

Well, the easiest way is to wait until the video is 100% loaded, then
just go to your /tmp folder and copy the flashvideo file that's created
there.. vlc plays them without hesitance.. It will most likely have a
rather obscure name so if you're loading multiple videos at once you
need to check so you get the right one. This little trick wont work with
video sites that doesn't buffer whole videos at once tho.. About that,
what is this behavior called btw? Streaming video? yes, but it comes in
two different kinds.