Re: [LAU] partition table

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 18 2010 - 09:01:37 EET

rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Do you have a special /home partition? Why or why not?

Yes. Have /home on a completely separate drive. Did it more for disk
space, and also to help prevent a death of the main drive also taking my
data with it.

> Will performance be better if you have a special partition for audio?

I would think it would help by keeping disk seeks and such to a minimum;
the drive heads would only be dealing with your audio files, not getting
moved off to somewhere else because some non-audio program wanted to
read or write something on the same disk.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden