Re: [LAU] Ardour3

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 03:25:05 EET

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> You can rest assured that Arch Linux users don't bother about
> "distributions". Software is only "packaged" because it's a necessary
> step to maintain a record and system sanity. You can't really refer to
> our packaging and compare it to, say, Fedora's packaging. We "package"
> almost everything, even our own custom, personal scripts.

You've said it there: Arch Linux *users*.

if clicking "Yes", "No", or "OK" is going to make the program go on without
reading the box? I don't think so. :-)

I can see the use of the script, but I have to say that I think the damage
of a new user not understanding "development" software, and thinking a
program is broken due to them testing a pre-"pre-alpha" far outweighs the
usefulness of the script.

That's not to say that your not allowed to script the process, but don't
share it online. It damages the reputation of the software you've packaged.

Am I totally in the dark here? -Harry