Re: [LAU] Ardour3

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 17:28:19 EET

Fabio wrote:
> Em terça-feira 21 dezembro 2010, às 12:17:24, Dave Phillips escreveu:
>
>> Some distro
>> maintainers obviously feel that this means they can ignore his wishes if
>> they so please
>>

> Did you read the messages?

Every one, from your first post to the latest. I understand them, too.

> AUR-scripts are usermade.

And it makes no difference to the point. In effect the users become
package maintainers, and they are still acting opposite to the *request*
made by the developer.

To me, the issue is one of civility. It's not like Paul's thoughts on
the matter are unclear. At any time the script writer(s) could have
directly asked Paul whether he could be supportive of the script.
Perhaps then they could have worked out an acceptable scheme to preclude
this kind of thread. Perhaps they would have been dissatisified with his
response and proceeded to do as they did anyway, but at least there
would have been some dialog. As it is, he finds out about this stuff by
surprise, and then we have this thread.

I build A3 daily from SVN sources. If I have a question or lament about
it I go to IRC, not here and not on the Ardour forums. That is what the
developer has asked testers to do and I feel I should honor his request.
Yes, I'm certainly free to do otherwise, but I understand why Paul makes
the request and I respect it.

Best,

dp