Re: [LAU] Which SATA drive? Size? [Was: Re: partition table]

From: Ivan K <ivan_521521@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 23 2010 - 19:09:20 EET

--- On Thu, 12/23/10, Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Ivan K wrote:

> > Also, even though Terabyte drives are inexpensive these days,
> > would a 500 GB drive be better as far as speed (reading/writing)
> > than a 1 TB drive?  (I really would not need a full TB anyways).
>
> Yes, and 640KB ought to be enough for everybody.
>
> Stop fooling yourself.

Yes, I spend a lot of my time living in denial.

> The difference in price between 500G
> and 1.5TB is less
> then the difference in size.

I was not writing about cost in terms of money. Everyone
knows that 1-2TB drives are cheaper than candy these days.

I was writing about cost in terms of reading/writing.
I would be willing to pay more for a 500GB drive if
there is a performance benefit.