[LAU] Which SATA drive? Size? [Was: Re: partition table]

From: Ivan K <ivan_521521@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 23 2010 - 04:59:04 EET

I was surprised to hear that so many people write their audio
files to a second drive. I always thought that most audio
people preferred as few drives as possible in a system to keep
noise down.

On a somewhat related topic, is there a brand of SATA drive
that people recommend as far as reliability, speed, and low noise?
Also, even though Terabyte drives are inexpensive these days,
would a 500 GB drive be better as far as speed (reading/writing)
than a 1 TB drive? (I really would not need a full TB anyways).

P.S.
My current Seagate 76GB SCSI drive just died and rather
continue to buy SCSI and buy high priced drives that
are smaller compared to the recent SATA drives available, I
thought I would buy a SATA for my current system as well
as an new system this time.