[LAU] Batch normalising wav files

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 24 2010 - 15:53:44 EET

Hello

I'm wanting to batch process a bunch of wav files, normalising them all
to -0.3 dBFS.

I thought I could do this with normalize/normalize-audio, but it doesn't
look to be possible. The man page suggests that simply analysing the
file and raising the level so the loudest peak is 0 dBFS isn't
normalising, which is news to me:

" --peak
Adjust using peak levels instead of RMS levels. Each file will be
adjusted so that its maximum sample is at full scale. This just gives a
file the maximum volume possible without clipping; no normalization is
done."

That would be okay, except I want them normalising to something other
than full scale.

Is there a quick and easy way to do this?

I normally avoid command line stuff as I waste so much time trying to
figure out how to get one little one-off task done that I could have
done it manually in the meantime. However, although I've wasted a lot of
time so far, I have so many files to process that I'm willing to give it
a shot.

Thanks in advance