Re: [LAU] Which SATA drive? Size? [Was: Re: partition table]

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Fri Dec 24 2010 - 20:00:06 EET

On 12/24/2010 05:56 PM, Jouni Rinne wrote:

> Where the mentioned firmware can be found? I found nothing with a quick search on the WD website. (Unfortunately I bought one of those 'Green' drives just recently)

if you can, return it as defective. unfortunately, it wasn't an option
for me, because i had already spent several hours fine-tuning a server
system on them before i looked at smartctl for the first time...

if you can't, it's somewhere on the wd site in an obscure place, and
there's at least one third-party hoster that provides a binary that
claims to be this tool - it might be safe, but buyer beware.

if you can't find it, write to me off-list after christmas, maybe i can
still dig up the stick and send it to you, but i'm travelling atm and
don't have access to it.

best,

jörn