Re: [LAU] Which SATA drive? Size? [Was: Re: partition table]

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Sat Dec 25 2010 - 03:49:38 EET

On 12/25/2010 01:03 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Or choose a different WD drive that doesn't have the problem. I went
> for 500GB RAID Edition drives. Faster, WAY longer lifetime, all the
> features required for RAID, but a bit more expensive and less space.

what on earth is "raid edition"? makes all my BS indicators flash red...
i can't imagine any special hardware feature "required for raid".

and like faberman remarked in another mail, i really can't see any
reason to buy disks of less than a terabyte these days, as increased
density will almost always imply increased throughput, at identical or
only very slightly increased power consumption.