Re: [LAU] Which SATA drive? Size? [Was: Re: partition table]

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 28 2010 - 08:26:25 EET

Sometime ago, a friend of mine reported that one manufacturer made the
same model drives in both Japan and Malaysia. The ones made in Japan
were great. The Malaysian-made drives were notorious for problems.

Don't know if that's still true now, but I wouldn't be surprised if
manufacturer factories' QA isn't all that consistent.

David
gnome@email-addr-hidden
authenticity, honesty, community