Re: [LAU] midi record and play

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2011 - 20:20:44 EET

Hello Bob!
   So if you just want to record the audio output of your synth it should be
possible with midish. In your midishrc have a line like:
dnew 0 "20:0" rw # your soundcards ALSASEQ number
   Then in midish:
import "midifile.mid" # quotes needed!
[start audio recording]
[turn to your synth and play]
[stop audio recording, done]
   But you can also use aplaymidi:
aplaymidi -p 20:0 midifile.mid
   Even simpler.
   If you want to record the incoming midi data from your synth, instead of the
audio performance, then you would be better off with midish. Start the way
described, but after import:
tnew my_track
inew my_channel {0 0} # have my_channel be midi device 0 and channel 0
ci my_channel
   Then you should be able to do:
   This should playback the imported tracks, while recording your new synth
input.
   Good luck!
   Kind regards
          Julien