Re: [LAU] midi record and play

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2011 - 20:18:19 EET

Thanks, Joel, for the comments.

>> I don't have time to jump though the debian hoops to become "trusted"
>> enough to update my own programs. Oh well.
>
> It's worth updating it, if possible, as a new debian
> stable release is about to be.. ahh... released.
>
> Whoever packaged it in the first place should
> have an easy time of upgrading it.
>
> Did you try writing to packages@email-addr-hidden, who is
> listed as the maintainer?

The original packager lost interest/time/whatever and isn't active
anymore with my project. I sent off a number of messages to various
debian addresses and didn't get very far. I'm sure I'm wrong in my
opinion, but I sense they are an exclusive club that is hard to get
accepted in. Honestly, I don't have time to become a trusted
contributor by working on little packages, and then getting to upload
my own after doing the getting accepted stuff. My programs are freely
available on my site (below) and it would be nice if debian users
could easily grab a updated copy... but there's only so much time and
motivation in me.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden