Re: [LAU] Ardour and xrun markers

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 01:23:52 EET

On 01/03/2011 11:32 PM, lanas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering: what is the use of having automatic markers showing
> up that marks the places where xruns have occured ? I'm using a rather
> 'old' Ardour version eg. 2.4.1. Is there anything that can be done
> using these markers ?

oh yes. repair the xruns, or throw away the faulty material. i consider
it a more important feature than "record", because it builds trust.

you can disable it under misc options somewhere if it irritates you.
i have heard people complain about "inaudible" or wrongly reported xruns
on some hardware with particular jack settings, but i have never
encountered them. when i get an xrun, frank zappa drowns a kitten in
heaven, and i have to do some hefty patching up to do to salvage the take.