Re: [LAU] Ardour and xrun markers

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 02:43:09 EET

Le Mercredi, 05 Janvier 2011 00:23:52 +0100,
Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@folkwang-hochschule.de> a écrit :

> oh yes. repair the xruns, or throw away the faulty material. i
> consider it a more important feature than "record", because it builds
> trust.

I see.

> you can disable it under misc options somewhere if it irritates you.
> i have heard people complain about "inaudible" or wrongly reported
> xruns on some hardware with particular jack settings, but i have
> never encountered them. when i get an xrun, frank zappa drowns a
> kitten in heaven, and i have to do some hefty patching up to do to
> salvage the take.

Makes me remember since you're from .de, when I lived in Germany I got
the first two albums by the band Sheik Yerbouti. Just visited their
web site: they are pretty much still alive and doing CDs and DVDs.

sheikyerbouti.de

> quoting myself here because i'm lazy:
> [...]
> (from an editorial in econtact magazine,
> http://cecpublic.pbworks.com/w/page/13063882/OpensourceEditorial)

That one I did not get. The article has nothing to do with xruns
and/or upgrades.