Re: [LAU] LAC submissions

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 02:29:14 EET

Hi Andy,

On 01/07/2011 01:06 AM, andy baxter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am putting together a submission for LAC 2011.
>
> I was half way through writing up the paper before I looked at the
> submission form

cool. looking forward to it!

> and realised (I think) that you are only asking for an
> abstract at the moment, not the whole paper. Is this right?

No, we'd already like to have more or less completed papers. If there's
some section missing, make a note and briefly explain why it's missing.

There'll be a review period and you'll get feedback - likely with
suggestions for changes and comments.
Then you'll have ~3-4 weeks in March to update the paper if you wish.
..same procedure as every year..

> If so, it might be a bit clearer for people not used to the academic
> thing if you changed the wording on the web page to make this obvious.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Maybe it's the term "Camera ready" [1] that's somewhat confusing.
I think I'll just remove that since it's basically an internal deadline
and I'll add a note that papers should be as complete as possible when
being submitted.

Note that until we close paper-submission, you can replace/update your
submitted file in the openconf [2] system as often as you wish.

g'night
robin

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera-ready
[2] http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2011/openconf/