Re: [LAU] LAC submissions

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 08:41:47 EET

On 07/01/11 00:29, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> If so, it might be a bit clearer for people not used to the academic
>> thing if you changed the wording on the web page to make this obvious.
> Thanks for bringing this up. I'll look into it tomorrow.
>
> Maybe it's the term "Camera ready" [1] that's somewhat confusing.
> I think I'll just remove that since it's basically an internal deadline
> and I'll add a note that papers should be as complete as possible when
> being submitted.

P.S. I think the bit that confused me is just that there are two
deadlines listed for papers to be submitted - the January 15th one and
the 'camera ready papers' one. What would help is if you said a bit more
clearly what the submission and review process actually entails, rather
than just listing the deadlines.

E.g.

' January 15th is the deadline for you to submit draft papers for
consideration and review by our panel of experts. By xxx we will let you
know if your paper has been accepted and give you the reviewer's
comments. You then have till yyy to return the final version of your
paper for inclusion in the programme.'

The other bit I found confusing is that the openconf system initially
just asks you for an abstract, and uploading a paper happens in a
separate step, so it's not obvious which of these you have to do by the
deadline.

Hope this helps,

andy