Re: [LAU] two new songs

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 04:37:17 EET

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 07:33:44AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:
>> Funny stuff.
>
> Mission accomplished. :)
>

>> I like how you can effortlessly segue between avante-garde ambient psychedelic mind-candy, and funny blues-rock songs.
>>

> I have many influences at work in my wacky mind. I've given up trying to
> tame them, so when it's time to make something in Csound then that's
> what I do. Another time, the urge says "Go ye forth, Muse, and make 'em
> laugh", and again I do my best to satisfy the urge.
>
> I guess I'm musically multipolar. I'm learning to live with it.
>
> Thanks for listening, Ken. As I wrote to Julien, I look forward to
> hearing more music from you too in the coming year, so if you're gigging
> tonight be safe on your way to & fro. Me, I'm gonna visit a buddy down
> the block and get a bit blasted, then I'm staying in with the missus. At
> my age this is known as "riotous living".

Thanks. As it just so happens, we are back to work at last, and went into the studio and laid down a whole new CD's worth of backing tracks last night, for a bunch of new songs we've been playing live for the last 6 months or so and a couple brand-new ones that debuted for the first time just two weeks ago. I'm importing them into Ardour this weekend, then we'll start completing and releasing tracks one by one as they get completed, my guess would be, over the next 4-6 months. I'll post 'em as I get 'em.

-ken