Re: [LAU] rt kernel in debian/squeeze

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2011 - 21:06:17 EET

On 01/08/2011 03:55 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:

> It really depends on your system (CPU, mainboard, BIOS settings) but
> the ondemand gov works/ed fine on the Indamixx-1 release (Atom CPU,

I kinda hoped we didn't have to do this...

The exact same computer running ubuntu 10.04 with rt kernel (from ubuntu
repos) works fine with ondemand, although I can push it harder when set
to performance. This kernel gives xruns and audible glitches with
ondemand even at light loads.

And the reason why I wrote "not really a problem" (besides the hope of
not having to go here) is that I am perfectly aware of the potential
problems with ondemand govenor.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk