Re: [LAU] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix released gx_head

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2011 - 22:22:12 EET

Am Sonntag, den 16.01.2011, 10:31 -0800 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> Certainly a lovely looking interface! Great work.
>
> QUESTION: I have owned in the past both a Pod Pro Rack as well as one
> of the NI Guitar Rigs. (I still use the Guitar RIg but basically have
> one of those love/hate relationships with it.) My experience with the
> two was quite different in terms of successfully using a bass guitar.
> I've also experienced that the cord length could vary the tone with
> both units. In the end I guessed, but never proved, that it was due
> mainly to the input impedance on the physical unit.
>
> For use with Linux what physical interfaces are suggested? What are
> people using and which, if any, have been successful with bass guitars
> as well as standard 6 & 12 string electric guitars?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark

I cant say witch physical interface is best, I play a selfmade cocolele
captured with a electret-condenser microphone direct to line in.

But for play a bass with gx_head I will suggest to use the tube 12AU7
the bassman tonestack and additional maybe a IR-file like
Black_Panel_Fender_Bassman.wav

For 6 string electric guitar you will properly better suited with the
6V6 tube and the JCM2000 tonestack. 12 string will properly sound a bit
clearer with the good old 12ax7 and the Twin Reverb or Princeton stack.
But all that depend on your taste.

regards hermann