Re: [LAU] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix released gx_head

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2011 - 20:31:34 EET

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM, hermann <brummer-@web.de> wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the first public release of gx_head.
> gx_head is a simple guitar mono tube amplifier simulation based
> on the work we have done in the guitarix project.
> gx_head provide 3 tube models (12AX7, 12AU7, 6V6)
> and 8 different tonestack models(Bassman, Twin Reverb, Princeton, JCM-800,
> JCM-2000, M-Lead, M2199, AC30), so you can simply create the amp-model
> to your needs.
<SNIP>
>  regards
>
>        guitarix development team

Certainly a lovely looking interface! Great work.

QUESTION: I have owned in the past both a Pod Pro Rack as well as one
of the NI Guitar Rigs. (I still use the Guitar RIg but basically have
one of those love/hate relationships with it.) My experience with the
two was quite different in terms of successfully using a bass guitar.
I've also experienced that the cord length could vary the tone with
both units. In the end I guessed, but never proved, that it was due
mainly to the input impedance on the physical unit.

For use with Linux what physical interfaces are suggested? What are
people using and which, if any, have been successful with bass guitars
as well as standard 6 & 12 string electric guitars?

Thanks,
Mark