Re: [LAU] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix released gx_head

From: Ivan Tarozzi <itarozzi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2011 - 21:04:39 EET

Il giorno dom, 16/01/2011 alle 10.31 -0800, Mark Knecht ha scritto:
[cut]
> For use with Linux what physical interfaces are suggested? What are
> people using and which, if any, have been successful with bass guitars
> as well as standard 6 & 12 string electric guitars?

I use a SoundBlaster Audigy2-EX, not really a professional card, but
I'm not professional too :)

Because it has only inputs at line-level (low impedance) I use something
between Guitar and interface:

- Zoom G2.1 in flat mode (bypass)
or
- Behriger MIC200

So I can transform High impedance (pickup guitar) to lower.

I think is the same to use a D.I. Box or a Audio Card with Hi-Z input.

just my 2c

Ivan