Re: [LAU] LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2011 - 05:16:12 EET

Am Sonntag, den 16.01.2011, 21:39 +0100 schrieb Jörn Nettingsmeier:
> i think guitarix is a good representative example of the open source
> mindset: it certainly wastes way too many pixels to look like some
> actual piece of gear (for my taste), but: all knobs are labelled with
> their function, not some fancy fantasy name. the plugin /wants/ /you/
> understand what /you/ are doing.

Some years ago I'm a analogue Instrument builder, during the development
of a Instrument comes two exiting points in the mind,
1.) how would it sound
2.) how would it look and feel
without the "look and feel" a Instrument could come close to useless for
a Artist. That could differ from what a engineer needs to work.
If you have a look at old Instrumental Building Books, you find a bunch
of stuff witch is only done for the "look and feel" of a Instrument.

So I guess the need to let something look good is older then Computers
are and Pixels are cheep this day's. ;-)

regards hermann