Re: [LAU] Master keyboard

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2011 - 14:46:00 EET

On Monday, January 17, 2011 05:27:59 am Louigi Verona wrote:
> I use M-Audio Oxygen series, Oxygen 8 and 65. Works
> really great, no compatibility problems. M-Audio is
> known to usually comply with standard MIDI and standard
> USB.

Correction: M-Audio is known to work fine with Linux, after
you install the 'midisport firmware loader.' This is
included in most distros (esp. Debian/Ubuntu),[1] though you
will have to install it yourself. This is very easy to do.
I have a Midisport 1x1 and an Oxygen 49 and they rock.

Meanwhile, all the AKAI stuff is class-compliant USB MIDI...
so it works fine in Linux without doing anything special.

-gabriel

[1] For Debian/Ubuntu the package is called
    'midisport-firmware'