Re: [LAU] (LV2) plugins and accessibility

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2011 - 20:40:50 EET

So I guess what it really takes is a host that provides a good CLI-UI.
The trouble is, I guess, designing such an UI.

I'm not blind, but I would use a good keyboard driven host, and I think many
others would do the same.

The UI would need to be keyboard driven, but I really don't know how the
input would work and which feedback in which form the host should
provide. Which kind of UI is best for blind users? Does ncurses get in
the way somehow or does it work well? Is a command driven interface
better (you give a command, you get a response and give another
command)? Since lv2 is mostly about audio so far we might not need a lot
of text feedback, but it could still be handy for some things and
somehow the user needs to know what he can do, which is the main reason for
menus IMHO, and I don't know the CLI alternative.

Regards,
Philipp

Excerpts from Jeremy Salwen's message of 2011-01-18 19:15:49 +0100: