Re: [LAU] q's: gigedit redux & zynaddsubfx

From: Kim Cascone <kim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2011 - 00:04:35 EET
||Hmm.
||You did save it. You saved the default sine wave!

Will - first off -- nice zyn banks! thanks for making them! :)

ok so this doesn't make sense from a synth user point of view:

I pull up say a bank titled 'Noise' and want to add a sound to it
I click on a slot -- say slot 9
start to edit it
and then thinking I should save the edit
I write to that slot again
which pulls up a dialog box asking me if I want to overwrite the slot
I hit yes
why then is it not saving the edited sound I created?

||The second save you attempted should have brought up a confirmation dialogue.
||Did it?
yes
if, after editing the patch, I click on the same slot I started with - slot 9 for example
it comes up with a dialog box asking: 'Overwrite the slot 9?'
if I click on it
it writes the default sine wave patch to slot 9
thus overwriting my work

can someone show me the secret handshake for saving an edited patch into a bank?

is it possible the bank I'm using is write protected or something?