Re: [LAU] new track -- all Linux inside

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 00:07:53 EET

Hello Kim!
   This is a trakc of impressions. I'm not sure, that I would bank it down as
"music" in my book, but then, that book is pretty thin, I suppose. I wanted to
say, that it reminded me of srping, with all the crows, for that's what they
are, I suppose. But the whole atmosphere sounds much more like autumn coming
on to the dark times. The sound in the centre was interesting, the rather more
continuous one, which sounds a bit like... hm: footsteps, chemical/phiscal fun
with bottles, fire, gas and/or steam. In it's foreinness, yet (sur)reality it
sets my "imagery" department sparking wildly. As I said: full of impressions.
   the occasional very white-noise containing "spark" in the centre is very
nice effect. Almost frightening, when I heard it for the first time. Partly
because of its loudness, partly because of its distrubing quality. Reminiscent
of one of those weird, inexplicable impulses you got on good old analogue
radio, or of sparks again. At least something very shocking and almost not
belonging there. This was - for me - even intensified by the heavily processed
voices or maybe arabic singing in the background, off to the sides of the
panorama.
   The complete piece certainly impressed me as being quite cineastic,
graspable and creative, in the way, that it creates its own little world, with
not too many perceived sounds. It doesn't get out of hand. Neat!
   Thanks for sharing this composition with us! Or at least with me. :-) -
Sorry, if I'm very off your own ideas, but as I've learnt: It doesn't really
matter, as long as it's perceived as a welcome guest in your aural home. :-)
   Warm regards
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net