Re: [LAU] State of the art GUI

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2011 - 14:00:42 EET

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 09:50:36PM -0800, Niels Mayer wrote:

> Transition effects, dynamic scrolling, 3d effects, etc.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcGTNyq9b0s
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoo_Ows1ExU&feature=related
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IgwNrcln8&feature=related

Nice for entertainment and for sales videos. We still have
to see how much of it is just fashion.

And the examples have one thing in common: they don't do much
except presentation and user interface. There isn't anything
to control except zoom and scroll and selection.

Anyway such effects would drive me nuts in no time when used
in any serious application where you have real things to
control and the focus is supposed to be on those.

Ciao,

--
FA
There are three of them, and Alleline.