Re: [LAU] a lot of xruns after upgrading from ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04

From: Kim Cascone <kim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 03 2011 - 21:15:02 EET
thanks a million Jeremy! :))

I will take another look at the SysConfig page at LinuxMusicians.com
and see if I can solve some of my issues with that info

Yoshimi issue:
=============
also,
I installed Yoshimi but its midi input is not able to be connected to

for example:
in Patchage there is a little red rectangle for the midi input but no green rectangle for midi input

although in qjackctl's MIDI panel
Yoshimi shows up as a Writable client
but the KBD doesn't show as a Readable client

in the ALSA panel the KBD does show up but  Yoshimi does not

in the setting panel in Yoshimi the 'Alsa MIDI Device' is set to 'default'

what is the 'doh!' thing I'm missing here? ;)