Re: [LAU] a lot of xruns after upgrading from ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 03 2011 - 21:35:33 EET

On 02/03/2011 08:15 PM, Kim Cascone wrote:
> thanks a million Jeremy! :))
>
> I will take another look at the SysConfig page at LinuxMusicians.com
> and see if I can solve some of my issues with that info

You're welcome!

> Yoshimi issue:
> =============
> also,
> I installed Yoshimi but its midi input is not able to be connected to
>
> for example:
> in Patchage there is a little red rectangle for the midi input but no green
> rectangle for midi input
>
> although in qjackctl's MIDI panel
> Yoshimi shows up as a Writable client
> but the KBD doesn't show as a Readable client
>
> in the ALSA panel the KBD does show up but Yoshimi does not
>
> in the setting panel in Yoshimi the 'Alsa MIDI Device' is set to 'default'
>
> what is the 'doh!' thing I'm missing here? ;)

Yoshimi uses JACK MIDI by default so it does't show up as an ALSA MIDI
client. To do so you have to start it up as Will pointed out. JACK MIDI
support is one of the advantages Yoshimi has over ZASFX though so it
would be a bit of a pity if you wouldn't take advantage of it.

Best,

Jeremy