Re: [LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound, effects

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 08:56:44 EET

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 10:56:58AM +1100, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On 09/02/11 04:14, Kim Cascone wrote:
>> also, thanks to whoever (can't remember) mentioned the Phasex synth the
>> other day -- a little gem! :)
>
> That was probably me :) It's a tonne of fun, especially with an
> appropriate MIDI controller (I use a Korg nanoKONTROL) hooked up, and
> its ability to process external audio sources is very handy.
>
> This is what I came up with using PHASEX, Specimen, and Ardour the other
> day -- it's my entry for the Open Source Musician Podcast's Tunestorm
> challenge, but hopefully Daniel won't mind me linking to it before their
> official reveal show:
>
> http://wootangent.net/2011/01/sketchbook-tunestorm-04/

PHASEX is teh awesome. Had a lot of fun with it a few years ago:

http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/449/0/morephasexmadness-24bit.ogg

http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/317/0/airbrush-0.1.ogg

http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/221/0/hit-by-pitch-0.1.ogg

http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/178/0/buzzy-signal-0.2.2.ogg