Re: [LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2011 - 17:56:42 EET

On 02/10/2011 12:36 PM, Mike Cookson wrote:
>> On 10/04/2010 08:18 PM, Paul N wrote:
>> "Thanks for JACK support, I will include it into the next version."
>>
>> meanwhile:
>> git clone git://rg42.org/paulstretch
>> cd paulstretch
>> ./compile_linux_fftw_jack.sh
> Cool, thanks. Btw before jack was available, i some files could not be played back due to mismatch of some file format details.

Yesterday paulstretch 2.1 came out:
http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

>>> It is notable for me also because has spectral blur function, which in this tool is called "Spread".
>>
>> Do you have a link to that?
> It is on "Process" tab.

Aw right. I though you might mean that, but you made it sound as if it
were a different application.

> Btw, sometimes i'm thinking about to extract it to some plugin or standalone jack app.

It's already a standalone jack-app and it is hard to wrap it into a
plugin because it changes the duration of the sound: i.e. you feed it
with 1 second of audio and it returns 10 seconds.

I suppose you could do some tricks or require constraints.. The
file-reader and playback code is nicely separated from the engine in
paulstretch's code. YMMV

2c,
robin