Re: [LAU] Harrison Mixbus ... now available on Linux!

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 12 2011 - 14:02:02 EET

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Philipp Überbacher
<hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>> * Automatic delay compensation for any routing combinations of Tracks to
>> Mixbuses and/or Master Bus. This allows for parallel paths with
>> different plugins that remain time-aligned to the output.
>
> Does this work better than ardours delay compensation? Does it work
> reliably with every plugin?

its not a replacement for it. the issue is that ardour busses (in
mixbus, these are called "utility busses") have no latency
compensation. mixbusses do. in ardour, if you put a plugin in a bus,
and it has latency, that latency will not be compensated. in mixbus,
if you put the same plugin in a mixbus, its latency will be
compensated for.

obviously, we plan to fix this in ardour as well at some point (i
actually did this a few years ago, but it had some wierd, subtle bugs
so i dropped it).

--p